So, what are the most common and expensive insurance claims? According to national data from the Insurance Information Institute, these were the incidents that prompted the most insurance claims between 2015 and 2020.
- Wind and Hail Claims
- Water Damage and freezing
- Fire & lightening
- Personal injury to others
Homeowners do not want loss or damage to their homes since they are costly, stressful, and inconvenient to cope with. Insurance companies likewise do not want bad things to happen since they lose money when bad things happen.
- Having a smoke alarm that is operational.
- The presence of a fire extinguisher.
- Living in close proximity to a fire station.
- Maintain your roof
- Having a security system installed in your home.
- Install a carbon monoxide detector.
- Keeping the plumbing and sprinkler systems in good working order.